Tomorrow, December 3, is Book Day for Accepting the Lance by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller!
Here’s the promo:
KORVAL IN THE CROSSHAIRS
Exiled from Liad after bombing a city to save it from The Department of the Interior’s infernal weapons and plans, Clan Korval has gone to ground on the back water planet Surebleak, whose people are as untamed as its weather.
Far beyond the surface of frigid Surebleak, Korval’s far-flung trade network needs a serious reset. From flagship Dutiful Passage to the experimental self-aware Bechimo, the clan’s ships are prowling space lanes seeking trade. Meanwhile, old tech from a failed universe and the machinations of the mysterious Uncle are coalescing into dangerous opportunity or nefarious trap.
And the Department of the Interior is not done with Clan Korval yet. They seek a final fully reckoned revenge, with Surebleak and Korval’s ships and people everywhere in the crosshairs.
About Accepting the Lance:
“Accepting the Lance is a tour de force! So many threads woven, so many pieces moved on the board, old and new friends met, this book is an extraordinary installment in a brilliant series. I stayed up till 3 a.m. reading it and I have zero regrets. An incredible ride of a book!”—Nalini Singh
Brand new Liaden Universe® story “A Visit to the Galaxy Ballroom,” by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller is now live on Baen.com (scroll down to the story).
The story is free-to-read, and will be available until roughly mid-December.
For those who wish to know, Lee and Miller, Lee, and Miller have published the following original works in 2019. They are all eligible for Nebula and Best of Year nominations.
A Visit to the Galaxy Ballroom, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, Baen.com
The Vestals of Midnight, Sharon Lee, Release the Virgins
Command Decision, Steve Miller, Release the Virgins
Dark Secrets, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, Infinite Stars: Dark Frontiers, Titan
Fortune’s Favors, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Number 28, Pinbeam Books
Shout of Honor, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Number 29, Pinbeam Books
Accepting the Lance, Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, Baen
November 10 (that’s tomorrow!) is the deadline to order a personalized copy of Accepting the Lance, by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller.
Even more news you can use!
The Uncle writes to remind us of the deadline for ordering signed and/or personalized copies of Accepting the Lance.
November 10 is the deadline to order a personalized copy.
After, you may still order SIGNED copies, until supplies run out.
Offworld Designs is having a half-price sale on all things Liaden! Here’s your link.
Our authors’ copies of Accepting the Lance arrived yesterday. It is beautiful, no?
So, this is a test of Auctorial Acuteness. Can I can get all the Stuff in one blog post? Let’s see. . .
- You may preorder a signed and/or personalized copy of Accepting the Lance by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, from Uncle Hugo’s SF Bookstore. Here’s your link.
- You may preorder the ebook edition of Accepting the Lance from: BN and Amazon (yes, you may also preorder the hardcover edition; don’t let’s make this any more difficult than it already is, ‘K?)
- Amazon is running a sale on the ebook edition Fortune’s Favors: Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Number 28. During the month of November the price will be $1.49.
- Brand-new Liaden story “Dark Secrets” will be published in Infinite Stars: Dark Frontiers on November 5. Other authors include: CJ Cherryh, Tanya Huff, Seanan McGuire, Becky Chambers, Jack Campbell, Mike Shepherd, and more! Here’s your link.
- The new mass market edition of Conflict of Honors, the second Liaden Universe® novel ever published is now on sale from all the Usual Suspects (yes, there’s also an ebook edition). Cover art by Sam Kennedy. This is your reminder that (1) books make great gifts, and that this book is an Entry Point to the Liaden Universe®, thereby perfect place to start your non-Liaden-savvy friends. AND (2) to please review Conflict, if you have already read it.
- Brand-new Liaden story “A Visit to the Galaxy Ballroom” will be published to Baen.com sometime more or less around November 15. It will be available on the front page, below the fold (that means “scroll down” to you folks who don’t speak Old Newspaper), and will be free for all to read.
- Accepting the Lance, the 22nd novel of the Liaden Universe® created by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, will be published in hardcover, ebook, and audio editions, on December 3, 2019.
- Trader’s Leap, the 23rd novel of the Liaden Universe®, will be published sometime around November or December 2020. NOTE: This book takes place on the Dutiful Passage; it is not, repeat, IT IS NOT a Jethri book. Thank you for your attention to this small but important detail.
- Steve is working on the next Jethri book as I type. That book has a mid-2020 deadline, so look for it in 2021.
- Steve is also lead on the book after #9 above, also a Jethri book, as I understand. It has a deadline of 2021, so look for it in 2022.
- After the two Jethri books referenced above are turned in, we will still have two Liaden books under contract. No, we don’t know what they’ll be about yet. No, we don’t want suggestions, thank you.
- Lee and Miller will be attending two conventions in 2020: Boskone 57, where we will be panelists; and AlbaCon 2020, September 11-13, where we will be Writer Guests of Honor.
. . .I think that’s everything.
Fortune’s Favors: Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Number 28, including the novella “Fortune’s Favors,” and an outtake from Neogenesis, can be yours, in Kindle format, from Amazon, for $1.49. The sale is on for the month of November.
The Uncle has spoken, to wit:
People have been asking all year when they will be able to order signed copies of the next Liaden novel by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, Accepting the Lance ($25.00, expected early December), and you can get your copy personalized if you order by November 10. We’ve just arranged to also have signed copies of two Liaden novelettes in trade paperback, Adventures in the Liaden Universe #28: Fortune’s Favor ($8.00, expected by mid-September) and Adventures in the Liaden Universe #29: Shout of Honor ($10.00, expected by mid-September). These will be signed but not personalized. If you wish to order all 3 Liaden books, we can either send the trade paperbacks right away (with a $6.00 shipping charge) and the hardcover in December (with another $6.00 shipping charge), or we can hold them all until December (and only have a single $6.00 shipping charge). If you are ordering all 3 Liaden books, please let us know in the Order Comments section during checkout if you want one shipment or two shipments. The Order Comments section is also where you should put your personalization request for Accepting the Lance.
Here is your link to the preorder page at Uncle Hugo’s SF Bookstore.
Here is the link to the Uncle’s newsletter, which lists events and lots of other opportunities to acquire signed books from your favorite author.
For those joining us for the first time: Signed means that the authors will write their names in your book. Personalized means that the authors will transcribe a short message supplied by you in your book, and also sign it.
Notes about personalized books: The authors reserve the right to reject any personalization request for any reason. This is solely up to the authors; there is no appeal. Pro Tip: The best way to make sure your personalization request is honored is to keep it short, keep it clean, and keep it polite. Thank you.
All righty, then! Start that pre-ordering.
One! More! Time!