This is how Pinbeam Books (that’s Sharon Lee and Steve Miller) makes book.
- We collect, or write, or write and collect, the stories to be published.
- We put them into form, compile them, and call for Tyop Hunters.
- At this point, we may or may not put the ebook up for pre-order on Amazon only by promising to upload the completed file by a certain date.
- Tyop Hunter results are entered into the ebook file.
- The corrected ebook is uploaded to Amazon and All The Usual Suspects, for pre-order or for sale, depending on how long it has taken to complete 4, above.
- At this point, we are free to use the clean and corrected ebook file as a base for the paper book edition. Unlike ebooks, one must be committed to producing a paper book now. It is not possible to set up a paper book for pre-order by promising to upload the file by a certain date. It’s all or nothing. This is why the paper book variously goes on sale before, after, or on the very day that the ebook edition drops.
- Once the paper book has been compiled and uploaded, Amazon puts it on sale and sometimes remembers to associate it with the catalog page for the ebook edition. This is the step where you, the reader, can Actually Purchase the paper edition.
Please refer to this procedure in future, if there are any questions about the availability of a paper edition of a new Pinbeam Books book.
Thank you for your attention.
One thought on “The process of making ebooks and paper books”