It’s raining in East Winslow, and aims to do so all day. So, fine. I have a section, ahem, “outlined” and words to go before I sleep.
In the meantime, your Friday morning adverts.
- Sharon Lee and Steve Miller (and a Cast of Thousands) will be at the Rhode Island Comic Con in Providence, RI, November 11-13. Look for us at the Wordfire Booth in the dealers room. Here’s your link
- “The Road to Pomona’s,” a new-old story, with author’s commentary, has been posted to Splinter Universe. Here’s that link
- Lee and Miller and the Liaden Universe® were spotlighted in the October issue of Locus Magazine. You can download a pdf of the article here.
- Speaking of the October issue of Locus, Alliance of Equals appeared in the Number 2 spot for bestselling hardcovers (in July).
- Alliance of Equals currently has 241 reviews on Amazon. Steve and I thank everyone who took the time to comment. It’s never too late to review a book on Amazon — any book on Amazon, not just ours — and by doing so you help the title, the writers, and other readers.
- The winter holidays will be here before you know it, and of course you want something Totally Cool to wear. This is where the Liaden Universe® store at Offworld Designs comes in. Polo shirts, long-sleeve denim shirts (in cool blue or formal black), the always–popular t-shirts, and! coffee mugs, which make a lovely gift for the hostess or host. Here’s your link.
- The Gathering Edge, the 20th novel-length Liaden Universe® adventure, will be published by Baen in May 2017.
- Neogenesis, the 21st novel-length Liaden Universe® adventure, has been scheduled for publication in January 2018.
- Steve Miller and Sharon Lee are currently scheduled to attend three science fiction conventions in 2017. They are: Boskone, February 17-19, 2017, Boston MA; Marscon (Lee and Miller, writer guests of honor), March 3-5, 2017, Bloomington MN; Confluence (Lee and Miller, writer guests of honor), August 4-6, 2017.
- Neogenesis, aka The Book Scheduled for January 2018 publication, now stands at 73,891 words, more or less.
As a reward for reading this far, here’s a snippet:
“Only think! I may call upon soldiers and specialists. You may call upon — forgive me — a gaggle of pilots. While they are very fine pilots, they are of little use to us in the absence of –“