Just a note here: If you are one of the legion of readers with fond memories of Kenneth Graeme’s Wind in the Willows, you owe it to yourself to read it’s sequel, The River Bank, by Kij Johnson. Like Wind. . . I think it’s best when read aloud, but do read it. It’s terrific.
6. My Brother Michael, Mary Stewart (re-read) (e)
5. The River Bank, Kij Johnson (read aloud with Steve)
4. Still Life, Louise Penny
3. Thick as Thieves, Megan Whalen Turner
2. The Furthest Station, Ben Aaronovitch (e)
1. Romancing the Werewolf, Gail Carriger (e)