A couple things have been happening around other things. I shall sum up.
1. A Gift of Magic, Writing Neep, Barnburner, and Gunshy have been epubbed and are now available ( in addition to previously existing Kindle and Nook editions) at Kobo, iBooks, Oyster, Scribd, and Tolino. If you use any of these sites, those books ought to be available to you now.
1A. Because D2D offers this service, I’ve been considering pubbing paperbacks of Barnburner and Gunshy through CreateSpace. Still thinking about it; what’s holding me up at the moment is needing to find art in an appropriate size and dpi, as well as the realization that, given CreateSpace’s costs, I’d have to charge $8.99 per book — for books that each come in under 60,000 words — in order to make anything for myself.
2. 100 copies (5 cartons) of A Liaden Universe® Constellation Volume III arrived at the Confusion Factory today via UPS. Steve and I signed and personalized them this afternoon, and In Beautiful Theory, UPS will pick up the boxes tomorrow and carry them all the way to Minneapolis, where the Uncle lets us know that he has spent much of the day taping together the boxes that will protect them from the vagaries of the US and even International Mail, until the come to rest with you.
3. Hearing loss is a strange and unsettling thing. Apparently, I really depend on rhythm cues nowadays. For women’s voices in the higher ranges — and especially voices that are musical, or accented in non-USian ways — I’m really struggling for sense in the sentences in phone conversations. That’s. . .frightening. But what’s dangerous is that — for USian accents, I depend on the rhythm and on what I assume will/have been said, which is — wow, oh wow, have I got to watch that. Note to self: Practice saying, “Would you please repeat that?”
4. It was really hot today (by which I mean 89F/32C) and it’s going to be hot for the next couple days. For some reason, I’m not being as zen about this as I probably should.
5. Tomorrow, need to get with Droi.
6. There is no 6.