This came in email; I assume it’s been sent to all Baen .mobi customers
Dear Baen Ebooks customer,
Baen Ebooks will still offer the “Mobi/Palm/Kindle” format with every Ebook we sell. If you want to read that format on a Kindle, there is only one change: You can no longer send the Ebook directly to your Kindle from our site. You can, however, still email your .mobi Ebook to your Kindle by following these directions:
- Log in to your Amazon Kindle account and Amazon Kindle Manager.
- In Amazon Kindle Manager, add your personal email address to your list of approved senders under Manage Your Content and Devices Settings.
- Log in to your account on Baen Ebooks and navigate to your purchased Ebook’s product page.
- Click “Email book to my Kindle.”
- Enter your personal email address into the email address box.
- Press send.
- Check your email. You should receive an email from Ebooks@baenebooks.com with a .mobi file attached.
- Forward this email to your Kindle, making sure the .mobi file remains attached. Within 15 minutes, your Ebook should be on your Kindle.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this change causes. Thank you for your patience and support of Baen Books.
Baen Ebooks Web Team