1. Today’s USA Today “Happy Ever After” column features an interview with Nalini Singh, author of the Psy/Changeling and Guild Hunter series.
2. Sherman’s Bookstore, which has been an independent Maine bookstore since 1886, is opening its fifth location, at 43 Exchange Street, in Portland, on April 1. Sherman’s also has locations in Bar Harbor, Freeport, Camden, and Boothbay Harbor.
3. Speaking of Boothbay Harbor, which I have to resist typing as it’s said (“Boothbee Harbor”) — Steve and I will be taking part in the Books at Boothbay Celebration on July 12. The event will take place at the Boothbay Railway Village and will be in two sessions, with children’s and YA authors signing from 9-noon, and adult and non-fiction authors signing from 1-4. This is Books at Boothbay’s tenth anniversary, and it ought to be a lot of fun. Here’s the link.
4. Y’all know that honeybees have been having a bad time of it over the last few years. If you want to cut them a break and make sure they have something to drink, you can make a bee waterer. Here’s how.
5. The Hugo nomination period ends on March 31 — that’s next Monday! Here’s the rules.
Note to Universe: I really do need my brain back now, thanks.