1. Today’s Baen Free Radio Hour features an interview with Dave Seeley, and! an audiocast of my short story “The Gift of Music.” Here’s your link.
2. This link takes you to a page featuring thumbnails of various pieces of art by Anne Lemanski. OPHIOPHOBES TAKE NOTE: There are snakes involved. They’re quite attractive snakes, and they’re made out of copper and paper, but snakes they are. Here’s your link.
3. Waterville area folks — Dragon Egg Hunt in preparation for the Waterville Opera House presentation of SHREK. Here’s that link.
4. The Hugo Nomination Period ends on March 31. If you were a member of last year’s WorldCon, in San Antonio; if you’re a member of this year’s WorldCon, in London; if you’re a member of next year’s WorldCon, in Spokane, you are eligible to nominate for the Hugos. Here’s the link to the rules. On the left hand side of that page, you’ll find links to the 2014 nomination form and the Retro Hugo nomination form, and instructions for the whole batch.
4a. Lee and Miller have several works eligible for nomination. They are:
Novels: Necessity’s Child, Trade Secret
Novelettes: Eleutherios, Moon’s Honor
Short Story: Out of True
5. Between Wednesday and Thursday here in Central Maine, we had a Lot of Snow. (oh, OK; somewhere between 10.5 and 15 inches, it says here.) I can’t find any official numbers, so we’ll just leave it there. Today is sunny and cold. Tomorrow, we have an ice storm on the schedule.
Winter can get over itself Any Time Now.
Today’s blog post title comes from “Steel River,” by Chris Rea. Here’s a link. Warning: This is a song that always makes me cry, so possibly NSFW.