Oh, let’s see. . .
1. If you haven’t read “The Gift of Music,” set in Archers Beach back some few years, and concerning the doin’s of one Andy LaPierre, who appears in Carousel Sun — your time is running out. On February 15, another yummy free story will come up at Baen.com, and “Music” will go away.
2. Of course y’all have been reading Laura Anne Gilman’s Cosa Nostradamus novels right along. (You haven’t? The first one is Staying Dead. . . . Well? What are you waiting for?) And I know you’re aware that last year Laura Anne Kickstarted and published two novellas in that universe, featuring justly-famous half-faun/half-human tough-PI-with-a-gooey-center Danny Hendrickson, and his human partner, Ellen — “Miles to Go” and “Promises to Keep” — which I, personally, enjoyed the heck out of.
What you may not be aware of is that she’s doing it again — two more novellas following Ellen and Danny as they try their damnedest to save people who need saving, whether they know it or not. The Kickstarter only has another five days to go, so if you want in on this, Now is the Hour. Here’s your link.
3. Those who are going to Boskone, and who had hoped to have their copy of Carousel Sun signed — despair not! Steve will be carrying signed bookplates and will happily give you one. Don’t be shy; just step up and ask.
4. If you have read Carousel Sun, please consider posting a(n honest) review on BN, Amazon, Goodreads, and/or the review site of your choice. Thanks!
5. I believe that Management does intend to issue an eArc for Carousel Seas. I don’t know when, though typically eArcs seem to appear from three to four months in advance of the print edition. Seas is a January 2015 book, so. . .September/October, 2014?