We took Socks in to see his primary vet this morning for a follow-up visit to last week’s amazing adventures. He’s in good shape (at the moment — this is, as we discussed, the issue — we always need to qualify “good” with “for now”), if kind of sniffly and grumpy. In the vet’s opinion, Socks is a good candidate for megacolon surgery. The next step rests with her — she needs to contact the Experts in Portland, partly to insure that she’s done everything they feel is necessary in terms of diagnosis and medical treatment, and also to find out costs for surgery, convalescence care, and all those things none of us thought about. We expect to have that information in hand this week
In the meantime, we have some new, high-energy, low fiber wet food to try , since the vet’s still interested in getting another two (or three) pounds on him, especially in light of possible upcoming surgery.
So, we’re in Wait Mode.
More news as it arrives.