Tonight, Friday, November 2, from 7 to 10 pm! Sharon Lee and Steve Miller will be reading from and signing copies of the thirtieth anniversary edition of our very first novel; space opera classic AGENT OF CHANGE, at the Children’s Book Cellar in Waterville. Looking forward to seeing you there!
A. If you are going to a convention, belong to a reading group, or patronize a library or bookstore open to taking promotional items, and! you would like to help promote Agent of Change and/or the Carousel series, please drop me a note at sharonleeATkorvalDOTcom, and I’ll be happy to send you some postcards or bookmarks for distribution.
B. Sharon Lee and Steve Miller will be reading from and signing copies of the Thirtieth Anniversary Edition of Agent of Change at Children’s Book Cellar, 52 Main Street, Waterville, Maine 04901, on Friday, November 2, from 7:30-9 pm. Looking forward to seeing you — yes, you! — there.
C. If, after all, my blandishments have failed and you are unable to attend the November 2 event, and you still want a signed copy of the anniversary Agent of Change, with the awesome Sam Kennedy cover, you may send an email before November 2 to Ellen Richmond at kidsbookscellarATmyfairpointDOTnet, with “Lee and Miller” in the subject line. In the body of the letter let Ellen know how many books you want, your snail address, and any personalization request you may have. She will contact you for further necessary information.
Here endeth the Wednesday morning adverts.
- Sharon Lee and Steve Miller will be Writer Guests of Honor at Confluence in Pittsburgh, PA, August 4-6. Here’s your link, and we hope to see you there.
- Due Diligence: Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Number 24 is now available as an ebook from most of the usual suspects, and as a paper edition from Amazon only. Here’s your link to the Amazon catalog page.
- Change Management: Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Number 23 is also now available in paper from Amazon only. Here’s your link to the Amazon catalog page.
- This is as far as we’re going down the path of “converting to paper editions,” until we see what happens with these two books.
- The Gathering Edge — y’all remember The Gathering Edge, right? — currently has 143 reader reviews on Amazon, which is awesome, and we thank you for your time! You know what would be Even More awesome, though? If Edge could get as many reviews as Alliance of Equals — 266. Can we do it?
- In case you missed it yesterday, Steve and I were interviewed by the Maine Sunday Telegram. Here’s a link to that article.
- Spoiler discussion for Due Diligence here
- Thanks to whomever sent me the gadget for use in waiting rooms.
Here end your Monday morning adverts. Everybody have a great week.
Things have been happening here at the Confusion Factory. Also, things are about to happen. Here’s your handy guide to our Official Goin’s-ons.
- “Cutting Corners,” a Liaden Universe® short story including but not limited to: norbears, pirates, and piloting re-certs is now live and ready for you — yes, you! — to read it. Here’s the link.
- The first Patreon goody has been posted — Steve reading “A Night at the Opera,” by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. This may be accessed by Patreon folks only. After May 15, it will migrate to Splinter Universe for everyone’s listening pleasure. Here’s your link.
- The second Patreon goody will be posted on or about Saturday April 29, and it will be my turn. There’s a poll open right now, to help me figure out which story I ought to read. Here’s a link to the poll.
- On May 1 at 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time, Steve and I will be hosting a pre-release A(sk) M(e) A(nything) at Reddit. We hope you’ll be able to join us. You do need to register with Reddit in order to take part in the AMA. You can register here.
- On Tuesday, May 2, The Gathering Edge, by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, the twentieth novel-length adventure in the Liaden Universe®, will be published, in hardcover, ebook, and audiobook.
- On Saturday, May 13, from 1-3, Steve and I will be at the Barnes and Noble in the Augusta Marketplace in Augusta, Maine, hosting a meet and greet and a book signing, and we hope to see you there!
And now? You’re all caught up.
A. For those who have been anxiously waiting to learn who the narrator of The Gathering Edge Audible edition will be — your waiting is at an end. Eileen Stevens, who has narrated all the Theo Waitley books from Fledgling through Dragon Ship, will also be narrating TGE.
B. We’ve gotten the list of TGE personalization requests from Uncle Hugo — just under 50 folks want their books personalized. The rest of the 200 books Uncle ordered are to be signed, only. So, just as soon as they arrive here at the Confusion Factory, we’ll get busy writing in books!
C. The Year’s Best Military and Adventure SF, Volume 3 will be published by Baen Books in June. For those interested, here’s the Table of Contents:
Preface by David Afsharirad
Introduction by David Weber
“Cadet Cruise” by David Drake
“Tethers” by William Ledbetter
“Unlinkage” by Eric Del Carlo
“Not in Vain” by Kacey Ezell
“Between Nine and Eleven” by Adam Roberts
“Sephine and the Leviathan” by Jack Schouten
“The Good Food” by Michael Ezell
“If I Could Give this Time Machine Zero Stars, I Would” by James Wesley Rogers
“Wise Child” by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller
“Starhome” by Michael Z. Williamson
“The Art of Failure” by Robert Dawson
“The Last Tank Commander” by Allen Stroud
“One Giant Leap” by Jay Werkheiser
“The Immortals: Anchorage” by David Adams
“Backup Man” by Paul Di Filippo