Well, this is how it is. I have a blog post I want to write about the error of confusing the artist with the work. I’ve been putting it off for a few days now, and thought I’d do it today, but — press of work. Which is to say, pay copy. The blog post will have to wait a few more days. Or weeks.
I also have about a dozen emails in the inbox that I ought to answer, but that’s not going to happen, either. Or only in fits and starts. (I’ve got something like 450 emails in my box; never did really recover on that front from being away at the end of September. Possibly, I’ll just kill them all and start over. It’s an attractive option, anyway.)
I do have a couple favors to ask of you before I slip back behind the curtain for a while.
- If you’ve read Neogenesis, the twenty-first novel of the Liaden Universe® created by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller, please consider leaving a reader review at Amazon, BN, Goodreads, or other places where readers hang out.
- If you want to talk about Neogenesis, there’s a spoiler thread — here.
- Degrees of Separation: Adventures in the Liaden Universe® Number 27 is now available as an ebook from Amazon, BN, Kobo, iBooks, &c. It is also available as a paper book from Amazon only. Some folks are just settling back into Real Life and have missed hearing this.
- If you’ve read Degrees, please consider leaving a reader review at Amazon, BN, Goodreads, or other places where readers hang out.
- If you’re a Patreon subscriber, there’s a new podcast posted: Steve reading “Cutting Corners.” Have a listen.
- Also, if you are not a Patreon subscriber, but would like to hear Steve read “A Day at the Races,” here’s your link.
And that is all I have for the moment.
Everybody be good. Call your mom, walk your dog, tell your bestie you love them.
Today’s blog post is brought to you by Simon and Garfunkel, “Flowers Never Bend With the Rain Fall.” Here’s your link. Enjoy.
I’ll be over here in the corner with my assistants, working.